In addition to being a fitness expert, Dave has a daytime gig. He is one of Toronto’s top real estate agents. He’s been featured on HGTV, the W Network, CTV, Rogers TV and in the Toronto Star, was voted 2012 Realtor of The Year by Canadian Real Estate Magazine and is ranked in the top 1% of all realtors in Ontario. You can get more details on Dave at www.TeamElfassy.com.
- When did your athletic career begin?I’d probably say it all started in my pre-teen years. I was a huge fan of bodybuilding and it was incredible to see what strength training and nutrition could do to your body.
- What adversity have you had to overcome as an athlete?Injuries without a doubt. I look at injuries at both mental and physical. It’s amazing how strong physically you can be but if you aren’t trained mentally you could quickly find yourself in a perpetual struggle. I’ve learned the hard way and understand that you can only overcome adversity as an athlete by strengthening your mind and body.
- How has working out impacted your life?Working out has allowed me to learn about my strengths and weaknesses as an individual in both my personal and professional life. Needless to say it’s also been the most important factor in keeping me out of trouble LOL.
- How often do you train and for how long?I train for the five days a week and usually no more than 45 minutes. My training is intense with relatively short rest periods. I don’t have the stamina to work out for two hours and I certainly don’t have the time with my busy schedule so I keep it short and sweet like me.
- What is your number #1 fitness tip?Wow that’s a loaded question, but if I had to pick one I would say to incorporate large muscle group exercises in everything you do.
I known Dave for close to 20 years. Few guys share Dave’s enthusiasm and passion for fitness. I’ve had the good fortune or possibly misfortune depending on your perspective of trying to go rep for rep with Dave in a workout. The guy is all business in the gym and it shows.[x_line]