Ed Williams is a Strength and Conditioning Coach, Personal Trainer and Lecturer with 19 years of hands-on experience in the field. He has been a gym owner for over five years and a Fitness Entrepreneur for over 12 years.
1. When did your athletic career begin? My athletic career began at 7 years old with Basketball and Football.
2. What adversity have you had to overcome as an athlete? I’ve blown out both 5 ligaments in both knees, the first time in high school as a junior and having to bounce back to play at a high level to go play college sports. The second time at 23 when I was chasing down playing pro sports. Despite reconstructive surgery in both knees I went on to compete in Olympic Weightlifting as a Master’s athlete. So I know what its like to have to bounce back from major injuries
3. How has working out impacted your life? Working out began preparing me for my sports career but has also served as an awesome mental health tool in my life. It has also allowed me to connect with some amazing people and form significant relationships in my life. There is something special about the iron game that connects people in a special way.
4. How often do you train and for how long? I train 3 to 4 times per week for 60-75 minutes including warm ups but often shoot to keep it under 60 minutes total.
5. What is your favourite bodyweight exercise? Chin-up/Pull-up variations and a close second would be Dips
6. What is your # 1 Fitness tip. Don’t neglect Flexibility and strength training through a full range of motion.
Lorne Take: Ed has a very impressive resume and I really like his take on training through a full range of motion.