You cannot use a single pair of workout shoes for every training regime. Just like every medicine is made to tackle a different and unique condition, different kinds of shoes are made to enhance different types of workouts. In this article, we are going to discuss the different types of shoes suited to each training program. For example, cardio shoes are made to give more stability as your movement patterns are varied. On the other hand, cross-fit shoes are meant to augment stability as you perform various movements. Getting the right fit is important. With this in mind, let’s look at the best shoes for each workout.
Best Shoes for Cardio
- Brooks Women’s Revel 3 Running ShoeThe Brooks Revel 3 packs a big punch of amazing features that starts with extremely soft foam on the upper sole and extra cushioning inside. They also have impact protection. The padding is very soft and wraps the whole foot like a marshmallow. Running in these shoes is comfortable as the design is formulated to ease stress on the feet.
- PUMA Women’s PumagilityThese shoes bring versatility to the club thanks to the addition of a breathable upper mesh. They are stylish, affordable, and have the added bonus of a lightweight LVA midsole. Even though you can move your foot inside the shoe, it still provides stability with plenty of cushioning for your feet.
- Adidas Men’s Leistung16Adidas is a well-known name in the world of sports shoes. This running shoe has a lock-down mechanism that replaces the shoelaces. The benefit of the boa closure mechanism is that you can make miniature adjustments to get the ideal fit. It has a wider platform and a slightly uplifted heel that gives your feet the required form and comfortable leverage for running.
- ASICS Men’s Conviction XBe it running, lifting, or cardio, the ASICS men’s conviction X is the jack of all trades. It can handle a wide range of pressure and rigorous training. Added to this, you will find an extra durable and strengthened upper mesh called ‘Rhyno Skin’. Don’t worry, no rhinos were harmed in the manufacture these shoes!
Best Shoes for Weightlifting
- Reebok Women’s LegacylifterWith this style, Reebok takes the top spot in weightlifting shoes for women. These shoes have a strengthened TPU heel and midfoot straps to bolster your feet in place. Extra strong rubber grips restrict slipping and the perforated synthetic mesh allows air to pass though. They are comfortable, thoughtfully designed, and perfect to hit the gym for an intense lifting session.
- Pendlay Women’s 15PFUSSIL – Weightlifting ShoesEver longed for minimalist workout shoes that are perfectly designed for weightlifting and squats? This is it. Pendlay women’s workout shoes have an extreme degree of breathability and are designed to prevent drifting while weightlifting. If you want performance and durability, these shoes give stern competition to other shoes in the same class.
- Nike Men’s Metcon 5Nike’s Metcons are embedded with features to support heavy lifting in the gym. The 5th iteration of Metcon has the best quality yet, which enhances the stability and durability of this pair. The anti-slip tight grip makes pushing and pulling weights easier.
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 26 Running ShoeASICS has IGS technology that supports the natural walk of the wearer. This tech provides you with extra stability and bounce. The addition of Flytefoam technology further enhances its cushioning levels. These shoes are durable and provide an additional support system with their dual-density midsole system.
Best Athletic Shoes for Running
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Nimbus 21 Running ShoesThis ASICS pair is fitted with trend-setting technologies like FlyteFoam Propel that gives extra bounce and supports high durability. The upraised heels ensure a glove-like fit and additional support while running. You also get an enhanced and more comfortable running experience with auto-adjusting mesh and shock absorbing gel. This is a great sports shoe and comes in a diverse range of colours and sizes, from 5 to 13W.
- Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 Women’s ShoesRunning needs lightweight shoes that won’t push against your toes while you are hustling to get into shape. This is what Nike’s Epic React Flyknit provide, in addition to all the support and stability you need. Made with a Plush React Foam midsole to give more traction while running, the addition of mesh fabric ensures breathability.
- Nike Men’s Air Zoom Pegasus 36 Running ShoesCompared to the previous similar models, the Pegasus 36 has more (and better engineered) perforations designed to enhance the breathability. The heel size and tongue have been reduced to produce a minimalist-style without compromising comfort. The best part is, these shoes can handle everything from a stroll down the park to parkour, and everything in between.
- Brooks Men’s Adrenaline GTS 19 Running ShoeBrooks is an expert in designing and making running shoes, and this beautiful pair of shoes is known as the “go-to” best-rated shoes for running. The Adrenaline GTS 19 is extremely stable, prevents overpronating, and eases into your natural running motion. This helps prevent straining the foot and adds a layer of comfort all over.
Best Shoes for Crossfit
- Reebok Women’s CrossFit Nano 7.0 SneakerWith amazing comfort and stability, the Reebok Nano 7.0 have ruled this category for quite some time. Design-wise, they are unique and when it comes to performance, you will get a solid pair of shoes for squatting, burpees, pullups, lunges, situps, etc. Even better, the extra wide toe box gives enough room to flex your feet while working out.
- NOBULL Women’s Training ShoesJust like the name, this shoe is straightforward and honest. This pair of CrossFit shoes is extremely lightweight and flexible. They have lugs on all sides that promote better traction and provide additional support while doing any kind of CrossFit exercise.
- Reebok Men’s Crossfit Nano 8.0The Nano 8.0 is an exemplary piece of innovation that culminates in nice looking and durable workout shoe. The upper sole has breathable mesh and features Reebok’s patented RopePro technology to make climbing a rope during CrossFit less taxing.
- Aleader Men’s Cross Trainer ShoesIf you are looking for something that is both affordable and suitable for a variety of workouts, go for the Aleader. From bottom to top, these shoes showcase a great deal of comfort. The rubber sole provides a strong grip and the upper mesh is breathable enough to keep your feet comfortable. They are also lightweight and have a cushioned lining.
Best Shoes for For Martial Arts
- Adidas Taekwondo ADILUX ShoesCost-effective, stretchable martial arts shoes are what characterize the Adidas Adilux. They are super light and fit like a glove all the while providing comfortable ankle support and pivoting.
- Mooto Wings Korea Taekwondo ShoesMooto Wings are known for making athletic shoes, and these ones are quintessential for your martial arts training. The highlight of this pair is the upper sole, which is reinforced to provide additional durability. They have stood the test of time and are proven to be a great companion for heavy and rigorous workouts.
- DOUBLESTAR MR RubberDid you know that double star has produced a commemorative Bruce Lee edition of the martial arts shoe? The doublestar Mr. Rubber is made out of natural rubber. They are flexible and supportive to the feet. The upper fabric is woven to provide extra breathability and provide a higher degree of ductility.
- Otomix Men’s Original Lite Martial ArtsDon’t be deceived by the thin sole. The Otomix is made to help you keep up with the body-crunching exercises involved in a martial arts workout regime. The midsole is enhanced with breathable mesh and a low-profile cushion. The front end of the shoe takes pivoting into account and supports your movements while kicking.