Tables of content:
- What is personal information?
- What personal information do we collect?
- How do we use the collected information?
- How is your personal information protected and secured?
- How long do we retain your data?
- Your rights related to the collected information
- Children Online Privacy Protection
- Contact information for complaints or concerns
What is personal information?
What personal information do we collect?
We collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, including, without limitation, the information you enter if you send us an email or submit or post content to the Site.
We may automatically collect certain information when you use the Site including, without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity on the Site. We may also collect information from mobile phone users in a similar manner to optimize the mobile experience. We may collect mobile screen resolution, device make and manufacturer, and, with your permission, your location. We treat this information as Personal Information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
If you post any of your information to a public area of the Site, please be aware that it is no longer “Personal Information” for purposes of this Policy, and we or anyone else may use such information without restriction.
How do we use the collected information?
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you by email about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Tailor your user experience;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in our content, or content offered by others;
- Develop and display third-party content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Site and other sites;
- Enforce our Terms;
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
How is your personal information protected and secured?
We take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Please be aware, that email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Although, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL.
However, please be also aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
How long do we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. If you submit an email address to us, this will also be retained indefinitely, or until either you unsubscribe or we decide to discontinue our email communication. Aggregate analytics data is kept for 50 months.
Your rights related to the collected information
You may choose not to provide any Personal Information. If you have already provided it, you may contact me, Lorne Marr at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you prefer to have it removed. Be aware that this may limit your ability to use some of the features on the Website.
Children Online Privacy Protection
IF YOU ARE 18 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, THE WEBSITE REQUESTS THAT YOU NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE SITE.
If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 in its database, please contact us immediately so that we may remove such data.
The Website nonetheless encourages parents to go online with their kids. Here are a few tips to help make a child’s online experience safer:
- Teach kids never to give personal information, unless supervised by a parent or responsible adult. Includes name, address, phone, school, etc.
- Know the sites your kids are visiting and which sites are appropriate.
- Look for Website privacy policies. Know how your child’s information is treated.
- Check out the FTC’s site for more tips on protecting children’s privacy online
Contact information for complaints or concerns
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or your dealings with our website, please contact us here: email@example.com
Information provided by you via general e-mail inquiries to us such as your e-mail address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is never shared with third parties.